Justice Department Sues Arizona, Again. This Time For Simply Asking Non-Residents To Show Their Green Card.

The Justice Department is suing the State of Arizona yet again. This time they are targeting Maricopa County Community College District. The suit contends that the district is discriminating against Non-U.S. citizens by requiring them to fill out more paperwork.

According to the suit 247 people, were not U.S. residents were required to fill out more paperwork than was required by law, violating the federal Immigration and Nationality Act or "Don't ask, don't tell us that you are an illegal alien." To be fair, this rule applies to LPR(Legal Permanent Residents)as well. These are people who are not U.S. citizens, but we let them stay and work here.
"The law's antidiscrimination provision "makes it unlawful to treat authorized workers differently during the hiring process based on their citizenship status," said Thomas E. Perez, assistant attorney general for Justice's Civil Rights Division. He said the government "is acting now to remedy this pattern or practice of discrimination."
Tom Gariepy, a spokesman for Maricopa Community Colleges - which operates 10 colleges and two vocational training centers in and around Phoenix - declined to comment.
Justice Department officials said the lawsuit is unrelated to the case against Brewer and the probe of Arpaio and stems from a different investigation that began in January 2009 - the month the Obama administration took office."
The suit alleges that the college is asking Permanent Residents who are not U.S. citizens to provide more documentation than is required by law. After 10 minutes scouring the internet I was able to deduce that for permanent residents the documentation they need to provide to prove their 'eligibility' to work in the U.S. is a 'green card'
This is from the USCIS website and is part of a guide book for new immigrants Permanent residents are issued a valid Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) as proof of their legal status in
the United States. Some people call this a “Green Card.” If you are a permanent resident who is 18 years or older, you must carry proof of your immigration status. You must show it to an immigration officer if asked for it.Your card is valid for 10 years and must be renewed before it expires.You should file Form I-90 to replace or renew your Permanent Resident Card.You can get this form at http://www.uscis.gov or by calling the USCIS Forms Line. There is a fee to file Form I-90.Your Permanent Resident Card shows that you are allowed to live and work in the United States.You also can use your Permanent
Resident Card to re-enter the United States. If you are outside the U.S. for more than 12 months, you will need to show additional documentation to re-enter the U.S. as a permanent resident. See page 10 for more information on the documents required to re-enter the U.S. if you are out of the country for more than 12 months.

Non-Residents who have not gotten their green card are to fill out an I765, which gives them a temporary work authorization card. So I was surprised to learn that this was part of their suit...
"Zainul Singaporewalla, a U.S. permanent resident who applied for a math teaching position at Glendale Community College, part of the Maricopa network.
That form required other documents and his green card. When he couldn't present his green card, the lawsuit said, the college would not process his paperwork and declined to hire him"
So, while a green card is required to work in the U.S., even if you are an LPR, the  federal Immigration and Nationality Act says, you can't ask them for that, because that is discrimination. Here's a great idea, when you give them a Social Security Number and Drivers License, make their Driver's License their green card, and than strike that whole green card nonsense from the laws in regards to Legal Permanent Residents. Of course, you could always stop writing BS laws that contradict the immigration laws already in place, effectively neutering any chance that these laws can be enforced. Oh, that's right, you did that already. It's called the federal Immigration and Nationality Act.

 With Polls showing nearly three quarters of the United States standing with Arizona and their fiery Governor Jan Brewer on how immigration law should work, these lawsuits are clearly the Obama Administrations attempt to shut down any attempt at enforcing immigration law, and to help clear the way for somewhere between 10 and 30 million illegal aliens, undocumented criminals, legal permanent residents, migrant farm workers, auto-body modification technicians, drug cartel liaisons, etc to break more laws by voting in a federal election for him.

If Obama knows anything, it's how to pander to people. He coddles Muslim extremists and illegal immigrants like no man I've seen. Not that he should be proud of that, just that he does a good job of it. We need to shut this nonsense down, and we need to do it now. This November is going to the start of a revolution that will hopefully stop the Socialist Express from doing any more damage to "Our Beloved Republic"(c)copyright 2010 real Americans and Tea Party Patriots..

Post a Comment